- National Federation of the Blind 2015 Scholarship Program Are you a legally blind college student living in the United States or Puerto Rico? This annual program offers 30 scholarships worth from $3,000 to $12,000 to eligible students. Visit the NFB website for more information on this scholarship program. Also check out the Youth @ BTBL link below for other scholarship opportunities.
- Do you know where your library service is coming from? The Michigan Network of Regional and Subregional Libraries consist of multiple locations throughout Michigan that are dedicated to serving our patrons. We encourage patrons to contact the correct location for service requests. Don’t know which location to contact? View our Contact Us page for more information.
- Join the BTBL Computer Club Computer club is held the second Saturday of every month. Join in person or online for informative presentations by BTBL’s Adaptive Technology Librarian, Scott Norris, or featured guests. Each month a new topic is explored, from the latest accessible technology trends to holiday shopping tips. For more information on the most recent computer club topic, please view our events calendar or call 1-800-992-9012 to inquire further.
- The Gift of Reading 2014 from Seedlings Braille Books
Thanks to the Detroit Free Press, every visually-impaired child in Michigan can get 1 free book (braille or print-and-braille) from Seedlings Braille for the holidays! You can register online, by fax (734-427-8552), or by phone (800-777-8552), but your registration must be received by 5:00pm on 11-25-14. Visit the Seedlings Braille website for more information.
- BARD (Braille and Audio Reading Download)
Membership to BARD is available to all individuals who are patrons of the library. Sign up for BARD today and receive access to over 50,000 books available for download. Remember, you can now go mobile with the BARD Mobile App!