Skip Navigation
LARA - MI Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs | LARA MI Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs | LARA
MI Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs | LARA
Email this Page
Share this Link on Facebook
Tweet this page on Twitter!

Youth @ BTBL

Introducing our new "Youth @ BTBL" page! Now there is a place for youth to go for resources and news pertaining directly to them from BTBL. Review book lists, read news stories, learn about scholarships, and more.

Thanksgiving Booklist

Posted 11/19/2014
View this Thanksgiving booklist to help you find your next holiday themed book! Call the library to order, or download yourself by clicking on the BARD link within the document. Books have been seperated by grade level for ease of selection.

National Federation of the Blind 2015 Scholarship Program

Posted 11/12/2014
Are you a legally blind college student living in the United States or Puerto Rico? This annual program offers 30 scholarships worth from $3,000 to $12,000 to eligible students, from high school seniors beginning their freshman year in the fall semester of 2015, up through grad students working on their PhD degrees. These merit scholarships are based on academic excellence, community service, and leadership. Visit the NFB website for more information on this scholarship program.

Letters About Literature

Posted 10/29/2014
The Library of Michigan is announcing the 2015 Letters about Literature program. They are the Michigan host for this national program from the Library of Congress. It is reading-writing contest that invites readers in grades 4 through 12 to write letters to authors of books that have changed their lives. This program gives students the opportunity to reflect deeply on a book. Children and teens can participate on their own or as part of a library or class project.

For more information about this program, visit the Library of Michigan youth services page.

Sheryl Anderson Gordon Foundation Educational Scholarship

Posted 10/29/2014
Educational Criteria: Applicant must be enrolled as a full time student (12 credit hours or more). Applicants must meet the following Vision Loss Criteria:
20/70 or less, central vision, best corrected, in better eye, and/or 20 degree peripheral field or less in better eye or 20/40 or less, best corrected, in better eye, and associated field loss with a prognosis of further vision loss secondary to underlying disease process.

View this scholarship form for complete eligibility criteria.



Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan