The holidays and the days they are observed are:
- New Year's Day, January 1.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Third Monday in January.
- President's Day, Third Monday in February.
- Memorial Day, Last Monday in May.
- Independence Day, July 4.
- Labor Day, First Monday in September.
- General Election Day, even numbered years
- Veterans Day, November 11.
- Thanksgiving Day and the day after, the fourth Thursday and Friday in November.
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, December 24 and 25.
- New Year's Eve, December 31.
The calendar dates for 2017 are:
- January 2
- January 16
- February 20
- May 29
- July 4
- September 4
- November 10
- November 23 and 24
- December 22 and 25
- December 29