The Adult Foster Care (AFC) and Homes for the Aged (HFA) Licensing Division establishes licenses for settings that care for older adults (60 and older) and individuals with a mental illness, developmental or physical disability. The following resources and contact information will help you get started.
If you are interested in starting a licensed AFC or HFA, go to the Applicants page.
- Differences between AFC & HFA
- What Needs to be Licensed
- Who Needs Foster Care
- Search for Adult Foster Care and Homes for the Aged Facilities
- Get a List of All Licensed AFC & HFA Facilities in Michigan
- Michigan Counties Map
- AFC & HFA Closed or Suspended Due to Disciplinary Action
- Resident Rights
- AFC Advisory Council
- Links to Related Sites
- Online Complaint Form - Child care homes/centers, adult foster care homes, home for the aged, and camps.
- AFC Office Area Coverage List
- Freedom of Information Act Request
- AFC Training Attestation Submission Process for Licensees and Administrators
- Training Submission Outline for Direct Care Staff-Certified Facilities