- Training Resources
Training resources are available to help you provide the best care possible.
If you are applying for a license to provide in-home child care, orientation is mandatory. You will be scheduled for orientation after you have submitted a complete application. If space is available, current family home registrants and group home licensees may be able to attend an orientation session as a refresher. Please contact your licensing consultant regarding this option.
If you operate a child care center, orientation is available several times a year. If you would like to attend an orientation session, please view the Child Care Center Orientation Schedule or contact your licensing consultant for availability information.
Presentations used at our orientation sessions are available here:
- Orientation for Family and Group Child Care Homes
- Orientation for Child Care Centers
We encourage you to look into the training resources provided to help you enhance your skills and knowledge. Complete the Online Training on Infant Safe Sleep for Child Care Providers to fulfill infant safe sleep training requirements. Watch the Never, Never Shake a Baby Video to fulfill shaken baby syndrome training requirements.
- Proposed Changes to the Child Care Organizations Act
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Great Start to Quality Professional Development Opportunities
- Michigan Core Knowledge and Core Competencies for the Early Care and Education Workforce
- Planning for the Needs of Children in Disasters (Online Training)
- Teacher Education And Compensation Helps (TEACH)
Safe Sleep & Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Online Training on Infant Safe Sleep for Child Care Providers
At the login screen, enter your User ID and password and click Go. First time users will need to click the Create New User button and complete the Create New User pop-up. Once logged in, locate the "Infant Safe Sleep for Child Care Providers" course (Catalog ID: I0200) and click the Launch Course icon to the left of the course name.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Licensing Rules Related to Infant Safe Sleep
- Infant Safe Sleep Video - Tomorrow's Child
- Learn More about Infant Safe Sleep
- Shaken Baby Syndrome Brochure
- Never, Never Shake a Baby From the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services