Welcome to the Health Facilities Division
This page is under construction and will be replaced by newly developed pages soon.
The Health Facilities Division is within the Bureau of Community and Health Systems. The Division is responsible for state licensing of hospitals (acute and psychiatric), freestanding surgical outpatient facilities, hospices (agencies and residences), partial psychiatric hospitalization programs, and substance abuse programs. The Division also conducts federal certification and survey activities for Michigan providers that want to participate in the Medicare/Medicaid programs (home health agencies, end stage renal disease facilities, rural health clinics, etc.). Finally, the Division conducts state plan reviews and construction permits for state licensed health facilities. To see what type of providers are covered by the Division, see Program and Services links below.
- CLIA Seminar
- CMS Emergency Preparedness Initiative
- CMS Moratorium for Home Health Agencies in SE Michigan Extended Until July 2015
- CMS Moratoria for Long Term (Acute) Care Hospitals (LTACs)
- ESRD Seminar
- Healthcare Workforce Background Check Information
- Home Health Care Agency Seminar
- Hospice Agency Seminar