Library of Michigan Spotlight
- Media Coaching for LibrariansOn November 6, 2014 the Cooperative Directors Association, the Library of Michigan, and the Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS) will provide a program instructing and preparing library staff and trustees on interacting with the media. The workshop will be held at the Jackson District Library - Meijer Branch, 2699 Airport Rd., Jackson, Michigan 49202. See link above for registration.
- Governor Snyder Celebrates Michigan Reads!Governor Snyder visited Anderson Elementary School in Grand Blanc on Friday as part of the "Michigan Reads! One State, One Children's Book" program. The governor met with students, talked about their favorite books, and read the book "Acoustic Rooster" to a class of kindergarteners. Governor Snyder was joined by State Librarian Randy Riley and met with teachers and administrators from the school.
- You're Invited to a Notable Books Event at Grand Rapids Public Library September 20, 7-9 p.m.Admission is free but registration at the link above is required. Grand Rapids Public Library and the Library of Michigan have joined together to celebrate Michigan Notable Book authors from West Michigan. This special evening celebrates nine Michigan Notable authors and features a keynote presentation by Wade Rouse. For ages 21 and over.
- Library's Michigan Collection Curator Edwina Murphy Quoted by City PulseUnderground railroad expert Edwina Murphy recently spoke with this local paper about a house rumored to have provided safe haven for escaping slaves. The house was recently demolished and owners have many ideas about how the house could have been involved in this historic activity but proof is elusive.
- ConnectMI Broadband SummitLM is partnering with ConnectMI for their second Broadband Summit at the Radisson Hotel in Lansing on Oct. 29th. The Conference will bring together community leaders from education, libraries, economic development, local government, healthcare, and technology sectors to learn cross-collaborative best practices for expanding broadband and technology access. See the link above for registration info.
Upcoming Events from the Library of Michigan
Goals, Mission & Performance