Welcome to Statewide Library Services
- Welcome to Statewide Library Services We provide wide-ranging services to library staff and trustees around the state including MeL coordination, certification for librarians, LSTA administration, state aid and penal fines, Plinkit coordination, resources for library trustees and statistical data. Phone: (517) 373-1580 Fax: (517) 373-5700.
- Contact Statewide Library Services Staff
- Library of Michigan A - Z Index
- Michlib-L (mish-libe el) By, for and about Michigan libraries.
- Library of Michigan Listservs Listservs hosted by Library of Michigan staff (or, in the case of GOVDOC-M, a list of interest to people who may have been subscribed to a Library of Michigan listserv in the past).
- Public Library Internet Access Requirements State and federal regulations and best practice guidelines regarding Internet access in libraries.
Workshops & Events
Statewide Library Services
Great Things Happening Around the State
- Forsythe Township Library Breaks Ground for New Location "This is a 'wow' moment!" exclaimed Donna Adams, board president. "Look what our township can do. We were committed to expanded library services, and we're going to get there." Thanks to the generous donation of Dr. Robert Goodman several years ago, the Library Board was able to start a building fund. With additional public and private support, the library's goal is becoming a reality.
- Traverse Area District Library Receives $90,000 Donation Join us in celebrating with the Traverse Area District Library. This generous gift from the estate of George and Helen Getty, long-time patrons, has recently come into the hands of the library. Plans are underway on the best way to make use of these funds.
- Downtown Lansing Library Celebrates 50 Years! Read about the development of Ingham county's library system over the course of the last 132 years. Names, faces and photos of major players including community advocates, librarians and even building architects are covered. Join the Library of Michigan in congratulating CADL on its long history of service.
- Dearborn Public Library (DPL) Showcased for Great Programming in Library Journal How would you like to draw 3,388 people to your One Book events? Ask DPL for tips! Their 2014 Big Read of The Call of the Wild by Jack London involved community partners in the schools and the Henry Ford Museum. It was chosen specifically for its wide appeal and made for an extremely successful One Book program. Congratulations DPL!
- Chelsea District Library's Articles and Databases Page CDL has designed their site to provide and promote MeL's resources right alongside locally purchased ones. They cleverly use the graphics found on the MeL databases page for a bright, engaging look. They're available to you, too! Check out their site at the link above for a job very well done.
- Saginaw's Zauel Memorial Library Receives $50,000 Gift Trish Burns, director of the Public Libraries of Saginaw, told MLive recently about the gift. The donation is from community member Dr. Suryarao Kurumety to honor his legacy and commitment to learning. The funds are being used to refurbish the public conference room and bring it up to date.
- Welcome to Wayne Library's new co-director, Steve McGladdery The Library of Michigan would like to join the city of Wayne, Michigan in welcoming their new library co-director! It sounds like he has enthusiasm and a great attitude, we look forward to working with him. Don't be shy about asking for a visit from an LM staff member for your next in-service day.