State Aid: www.michigan.gov/librarystateaid
The state aid application process opens annually on October 1st and closes on February 1st. Public library payments begin annually on February 2nd. This process allows us to download all information from Counting Opinions to our payment system after the close of the reporting period.
The per capita for FY2018 State Aid to public libraries is $.363984
The breakdown of the first 50% for state aid is $.181992 for your direct state aid $.181992 for Indirect State Aid (Cooperative Membership)
The remaining 50% will be paid out after July 1, 2018.
- FY 2017 State Aid Payments to Public Libraries
- State Aid Per Capita Rates
See the above link for figures from 2002-2018.
- State Aid to Public Libraries Application Process
Included in the state aid process issued Oct 1, 2011.
- State Aid Eligibility: Staffing Requirements by Library Class Size
- Michigan Public Libraries by Governance and Class Size An overview of Michigan's public libraries by library type and library class size
- Penal Fines FAQ
The Library of Michigan often receives inquiries about the penal fines population certification process. The FAQ and flow chart provides useful information on this process.
- Distribution of Penal Fines in District and Municipal Courts A short description of how penal fines are distributed in Michigan's district and municipal courts
- Michigan Penal Fine Distribution Report 2017
- Ten-Year Penal Fine Comparisons Report (2008-2017)
- Five-Year County Penal Fine Comparison Report (2013-2017)
- Michigan Department of Treasury Personal Property Tax Reimbursements
A powerpoint presentation is available on this site as well as other helpful information to understand the process of property tax reimbursement for all operating and debt millages.
- Article from The Center for Michigan Bridge publication on property tax assessments and dark stores