Third Grade Reading Programs
- Reach out and Read Developmental Milestones of Early Literacy (English)
- 0-5 Literacy Development Timeline
- Improving Reading Comprehension in Kindergarten Through 3rd Grade
- Leverage School Librarians to Achieve 3rd Grade Reading Proficiency From the Michigan Association for Media in Education
- The Model Curriculum for PA School Library Programs: Student Competencies: Grade Band PK-2
- Put Reading First: Kindergarten Through Grade 3
- Reading Rockets
Writing and Reading Programs
- Michigan Reads!
What would happen if every parent, grandparent or caregiver read the same book to Michigan preschoolers at the same time? We're on a mission to find out! Michigan Reads! was launched in 2004 by the Library of Michigan in partnership with the Michigan Center for the Book to promote the value and benefits of reading early and often to preschoolers; to encourage family bonding through reading; and to increase awareness and usage of Michigan's libraries.
- Letters about Literature
READ. BE INSPIRED. WRITE BACK.
The Letters about Literature 2016-2017 entry is closed. The Michigan Center for the Book and the Library of Michigan participate in the national Letters about Literature, an annual program from the Library of Congress. This national reading-writing contest invites readers in grades 4 through 12 to write letters to authors of books that have changed their lives.