- AASL and ESSA - Position Statements
American Association of School Librarians' position statements on "Definition for an Effective School Library Program," "Appropriate Staffing for School Libraries," "Instructional Role of the School Librarian," "Role of the School Library Program," and "Preparation of School Librarians."
- 21 Things 4 Students Content and technology every student should know from the REMC Association of Michigan.
- 21 Things for the 21st Century Educator Technology every educator should know from the Clinton RESA, Ingham ISD, Macomb ISD & the Shiawassee RESD.
- 21st Century Libraries in Michigan video - Libraries and Youth Section The Library of Michigan and the Bright Side Television Show collaborated on an episode showing the impact of Michigan's libraries in the 21st Century. The Libraries and Youth section includes interviews with the school librarians at Marshall Middle School and Swan Valley High School. See the full show (31 min.) at Episode 13: 21st Century Libraries and an episode guide here.
- AASL: American Association of School Librarians
- Act4SL A national advocacy group working "to ensure that every Pre K-12 student has access to a quality school library program and certified school librarian."
- Alliance for Excellent Education (All4Ed)
- Campaign for Grade Level Reading
3rd Grade Reading Success Matters - The Campaign is a collaborative effort by dozens of funders across the nation to: close the gap in reading achievement that separates many low-income students from their peers.
- Collection Development Policies and Resources - Montana Teacher Librarian site
- Department of Education Evaluation Highlights Success of Improving Literacy Through School Libraries Program 2009 American Library Association press release on the Second Evaluation of the Improving Literacy Through School Libraries (LSL) Program released by the U.S. Department of Education.
- DigitalLiteracy.gov Federal digital literacy resources and collaboration site.
- ESSA - School Librarians and the Every Student Succeeds Act (ALA)
ALA information page on the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Highly Effective School Library Program Colorado statewide program designed to bring recognition to the role that school library media programs and teacher librarians play in promoting student achievement.
- Informational Brief: Impact of School Libraries on Student Achievement; October 2011 Report from the New York Comprehensive Center (NYCC)/RMC Research Corporation, the New York State Education Department, the New York State Library and the New York Library Association. This comprehensive brief provides a current and rigorous research analyses which demonstrates the positive impact that school libraries and school librarians have in advancing student learning.
- Leading In and Beyond the Library A report from the Alliance for Excellent Education on key role that school librarians and libraries should play in the transition to digital learning, and the effective use of technology to improve teaching and learning.
- Learning Space Toolkit A Resource for Designing and Sustaining Technology-Rich Informal Learning Spaces from North Carolina State University, IMLS and others.
- Library Media Program Rubric (State of Kentucky)
Kentucky's program guidelines include funding recommendations.
- Library Research Service: School Library Section Results of school library studies from other states, school library statistics, and resources of interest to school librarians.
- The LiLead Project IMLS funded research project on school library supervisors by the University of Maryland.
- LOEX Clearinghouse for Library Instruction: Instruction Resources
- MACUL: Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning
- Michigan Association for Media in Education - MAME Michigan Association for Media in Education (MAME) is an association of library media specialists dedicated to excellence in library / media services in Michigan's schools.
- Partnership for 21st Century Skills
- Practical Ideas for Evaluating School Librarians Colorado Department of Education information on School Librarian evaluation. Additional information is at the Implementation Guidance page.
- Project Enable Syracuse University project to provide high quality, comprehensive, train-the-trainer continuing education...for New York's school librarians to...deliver effective service to students with disabilities.
- Project Tomorrow Project Tomorrow is a national education nonprofit group. The vision of Project Tomorrow is ensure that today's students are well prepared to be tomorrow's innovators, leaders and engaged citizens of the world....Activities include national research projects such as Speak Up.(Survey includes information on school libraries/librarians).
- School Librarian Evaluation Workbook (AASL 21st-Century Approach) The workbook must be purchased, but the site has an archived webinar reviewing the evaluation program.
- School Libraries & Student Achievement Infographic A great infographic by Library Research Services that brings together the data from a range of school library studies.
- School Libraries Count! National Longitudinal Study of School Library Media Programs Studies done by the American Association of School Libraries.
- School Library Monthly Blog
- School Library Research Summarized A 2013 summary of school library research studies published by the School Library & Information Technologies Department, Mansfield University, Mansfield, PA
- School Libraries Work! 2016 Edition
A compendium of research supporting the effectiveness of school libraries from Scholastic
- The South Carolina Impact Study
The Impact of School Librarians and Library Programs on Academic Achievement of Students: The South Carolina Study from the South Carolina Association of School Librarians, 2015.
- Survive and Thrive! An Advocacy toolkit from the Colorado Association of School Librarians
Information on becoming a teacher, includes both information on Michigan and on School Librarians
- TRAILS: Tool for Real-time Assessment for Information Literacy Skills A project from the Kent State University Libraries to assess information literacy skills based on 3rd, 6th, 9th, and 12th grade standards.
- WLMA Video - Teacher Librarians at the Heart of Student Learning Washington Library Media Association video that highlights the essential role of teacher librarians in student learning.
- YALSA's Competencies for Librarians Serving Youth Young Adult Library Services Association professional competencies.
- YALSA's National Teen Space Guidelines Young Adult Library Services Association library space usage guidelines