- Universal Service Fund USF (E-rate) Support Services through the Library of Michigan. Check this link for specific information.
E-rate is the federal program that provides for reduced rates on Internet access and internal connections for schools and libraries. Your discount rate is based on the number of school children in your area who are eligible for a free or reduced lunch. E-rate can save your library money through lower fees for these vital services! E-Rate is seeing exciting changes. The Library of Michigan will keep you up-to-date through our E-Rate listserv which includes dissemination of a weekly Michigan-specific newsletter from E-Rate Central, our support partners.
- Submit an e-rate help desk case
To connect with E-Rate support services through E-Rate Central, please use this form. If your question does not require our help desk staff to research your individual situation you can also send a simple email to email@example.com.
- Weekly E-Rate Central Newsletter Archive
- Fall E-Rate Training Registration Now Open
Training will be held on October 31 at Kent ISD, November 1 at Winding Brook conference center in Shepherd (ITV option), and November 2 at Genesee ISD. The day will be broken into two parts: 8:30-11:30 E-Rate Overview for beginners and noon-4:00 E-Rate Update. There is no cost for training and lunch will be provided.
Becky Rains, E-Rate Central Consultant, will be leading the training. Becky has been actively involved with the E-rate program application process since 2001. She served as the Arkansas State E-rate Coordinator for 14 years before retiring and joining E-Rate Central. Becky will also be providing PIA support for the state. We are excited to have her on board as an additional resource!
- Michigan Fall 2015 E-Rate NSLP Report for E-Rate FY2016 - NEW
The Fall 2015 NSLP FY16 E-Rate Report has been released as of February 18, 2016. Certain NSLP data have been suppressed due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Please let MDE know if there are any concerns about the report by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 22, 2016. If you require any redacted information, please email email@example.com with the details of your request (required: school name, school code, district name, district code) and information will be provided to those applicants on a case-by-case basis where data are not readily available at the district.
- Technology Readiness Infrastructure Grant (TRIG)
- E-rate Consultant Best Practices Hiring Guidelines from the Technology Readiness Infrastructure Grant (TRIG)
- USAC Schools & Libraries Homepage
- USAC News Briefs (select the SL Program News Brief)
- E-Rate Central
- Applicant E-Rate History (enter BEN in upper left)
- American Library Association E-Rate Homepage
- American Library Association District Dispatch
- Michigan Department of Education E-rate Information