|Introduction to LSTA - www.michigan.gov/lsta|
|The Library of Michigan distributes federal funds received under the Museum and Library Services Act of 2010, to support statewide initiatives and competitive grant programs.|
|Through the legislation, the Institute for Museum and Library Services, an independent federal agency, provides grants to State Library Administrative Agencies to improve and support library, museum and information services. The Act outlines the following broad priorities for funding:
If you have questions regarding LSTA, please contact Karren Reish at email@example.com or (517) 241-0021.
- expanding services for learning and access to information and educational resources in a variety of formats, in all types of libraries, for individuals of all ages in order to support such individuals' needs for education, life-long learning, workforce
development, and digital literacy skills;
- establishing or enhancing electronic and other linkages and improved coordination
among and between libraries and entities, as described in 9134(b)(6), for the purpose
of improving the quality of and access to library and information services;
- providing training and professional development, including continuing education,
to enhance the skills of the current library workforce and leadership, and advance
the delivery of library and information services; and enhancing efforts to recruit future professionals to the field of library and
- developing public and private partnerships with other agencies and community-based
- targeting library services to individuals of diverse geographic, cultural, and
socioeconomic backgrounds, to individuals with disabilities, and to individuals with
limited functional literacy or information skills;
- developing library services that provide all users access to information through local,
State, regional, national, and international collaborations and networks; and
- carrying out other activities consistent with the purposes set forth in section 9121, as
described in the State library administrative agency's plan.
|LSTA Listserv The LSTA contact list is for announcements relating to the Library Services and Technology Act, from grant program and funding announcements by the Library of Michigan staff to questions about the competitive grant program and comments on the five-year state plan.