- Universal Service Fund USF (E-rate) Support Services through the Library of Michigan. Check this link for specific information.
E-rate is the federal program that provides for reduced rates on Internet access and internal connections for schools and libraries. Your discount rate is based on the number of school children in your area who are eligible for a free or reduced lunch. E-rate can save your library money through lower fees for these vital services! E-Rate is seeing exciting changes. The Library of Michigan will keep you up-to-date through our E-Rate listserv which includes dissemination of a weekly Michigan-specific newsletter from E-Rate Central, our support partners.
- Submit an e-rate help desk case
To connect with E-Rate support services through E-Rate Central, please use this form. If your question does not require our help desk staff to research your individual situation you can also send a simple email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weekly E-Rate Central Newsletter Archive
- Michigan Fall 2015 E-Rate NSLP Report for E-Rate FY2016 - NEW
The Fall 2015 NSLP FY16 E-Rate Report has been released as of February 18, 2016. Certain NSLP data have been suppressed due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Please let MDE know if there are any concerns about the report by emailing us at email@example.com by Monday, February 22, 2016. If you require any redacted information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your request (required: school name, school code, district name, district code) and information will be provided to those applicants on a case-by-case basis where data are not readily available at the district.
- E-rate discount table for Michigan libraries for FY 2015
- E-rate discount table for Michigan libraries for FY 2014
- E-rate discount table for Michigan libraries for FY 2013
- Locale Code Information (11, 12, 21) for Filing the Form 471 with Square Footage This information is provided courtesy of ALA and was requested from IMLS. It is 2012 data, the most recent available to IMLS.
- Determining the Central Outlet or Main Administrative Branch of a Library
- Technology Readiness Infrastructure Grant (TRIG)
- E-rate Consultant Best Practices Hiring Guidelines from the Technology Readiness Infrastructure Grant (TRIG)
- USAC Schools & Libraries Homepage
- USAC News Briefs (select the SL Program News Brief)
- E-Rate Central
- Applicant E-Rate History (enter BEN in upper left)
- American Library Association E-Rate Homepage
- American Library Association District Dispatch
- Michigan Department of Education E-rate Information