Quality Services Audit Checklist: Michigan.gov/qsac
Get a QSAC logo! You can find jpgs of the QSAC logos by level below and you can also request a QSAC logo window cling for your building by contacting Shannon White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
QSAC measures AND certifications are on a three-year update and renewal schedule to ensure the measures and libraries stay on top of quality service. The Library of Michigan works with volunteer librarians every three years to revise the measures based on participating libraries' experiences and new trends in library services, programs and technology. It is our goal that QSAC measures will continue to provide direction and support for libraries as they look to both improve their services and justify their services to funders.
Welcome to the Quality Service Audit Checklist (QSAC) program. QSAC is a voluntary management standards program that assists public libraries by setting benchmarks for Governance & Administration, Human Resources, Services, Collection Development, Technology, Facilities & Equipment and Public Relations. The Library of Michigan recognizes public libraries as they achieve each level. Libraries can be certified at the Essential, Enhanced and Excellent levels.
Basic requirements for QSAC certification: To achieve certification at a level, a library must meet the requirements for state aid to public libraries, the measures at that level and the measures at all levels below that level.
To work on or complete a level, you will need to open the form for the level you want below and save it on your computer.
To submit a QSAC application:
1. Open the document of the Level you wish to work on. They are provided in Word format. Save the document locally. Fill in the Library Name at the top. Continue working through the form, marking the measures you have completed, adding comments and saving as you go.
2. Start with the Essential Level, filling out the completion date for each item in the seven areas of service as well as comments regarding how your library implemented the measure. You may use either the date when the measure was completed or the current date.
3. Upon completion, please sign the Certification Form at the end of the report and mail the completed report and form to the address listed.
4. The Library of Michigan will send you a certificate, letter and a window cling and will also send a letter to your state representative and senator notifying them of your achievement. A sample press release is provided below.
5. If you plan to immediately apply for an additional certification level, Enhanced and/or Excellent, begin the same procedure with the new level and submit all completed applications together. You can also wait and submit your next certification level once you receive your initial Excellent certification.
6. All certified libraries need to reapply for certification every three years since the measures are updated on a three-year cycle.
Help: If you need to edit your report after submitting your certification form or if you have any questions, please contact Shannon White at email@example.com or (517) 373-9489.
- Essential Level Measures
- Enhanced Level Measures
- Excellent Level Measures
- All QSAC Measures by Category
- Introduction & History of QSAC
- QSAC Certified Libraries
- QSAC for Library Cooperatives
- Sample Press Release
- QSAC Essential Level Logo - JPG
- QSAC Enhanced Level Logo - JPG
- QSAC Excellent Level Logo - JPG