Library Services and Technology Act: www.michigan.gov/lsta
The Library of Michigan supports statewide initiatives and competitive grant programs for libraries with federal funds received under the Museum and Library Services Act of 2010.
The Institute for Museum and Library Services, an independent federal agency, provides funds to State Library Administrative Agencies to improve and support library, museum and information services. The legislation outlines the following broad priorities, excerpted below:
- expanding services for learning and access to information ... ;
- establishing or enhancing electronic and other linkages and improved coordination among and between libraries ... ;
- providing training and professional development, including continuing education, to enhance the skills of the current library workforce ... ;
- developing public and private partnerships with other agencies and community-based organizations;
- targeting library services to individuals of diverse geographic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds, to individuals with disabilities, and to individuals with limited functional literacy or information skills;
- developing library services that provide all users access to information ...
For questions about LSTA in Michigan, contact Karren Reish at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 241-0021.
NEW - IMLS Budget Impact in Michigan
The Library of Michigan provides a range of services and programs to public, academic and school libraries and librarians as well as Michigan residents. You can find more details on these programs and their impact in the following document.
The Library of Michigan is working with Growth Management Consulting to do an evaluation of the current 2012-2017 Five Year plan and gather feedback for goals and activities for the 2017-2022 Five Year Plan.
The Annual Report for federal fiscal year 2015 is also coming soon. You can review the highlights of the report in the LSTA Fact Sheet for Federal FY 2015/State FY 2016.
- LSTA Listserv
The LSTA contact list is for occasional announcements relating to the Library Services and Technology Act.