Library Services and Technology Act: www.michigan.gov/lsta
The Library of Michigan supports statewide initiatives and competitive grant programs for libraries with federal funds received under the Museum and Library Services Act of 2010.
The Institute for Museum and Library Services, an independent federal agency, provides funds to State Library Administrative Agencies to improve and support library, museum and information services. The legislation outlines the following broad priorities, excerpted below:
- expanding services for learning and access to information ... ;
- establishing or enhancing electronic and other linkages and improved coordination among and between libraries ... ;
- providing training and professional development, including continuing education, to enhance the skills of the current library workforce ... ;
- developing public and private partnerships with other agencies and community-based organizations;
- targeting library services to individuals of diverse geographic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds, to individuals with disabilities, and to individuals with limited functional literacy or information skills;
- developing library services that provide all users access to information ...
For questions about LSTA in Michigan, contact Karren Reish at email@example.com or (517) 241-0021.
NEW - IMLS Budget Impact
The Library of Michigan provides a range of services and programs to public, academic and school libraries and librarians as well as Michigan residents. You can find more details on these programs and their impact in the following documents.
- We have a new summer quick grant for public libraries! More information is below in the Public Library Services Grant programs section.
- Congratulations to the new Collaborative Library Services grantees! A description of the 2017 grants is here.
- We have submitted an evaluation of the 2012-2017 Five-Year plan and are working on the next Five-Year plan. Both will be posted after acceptance by the IMLS.
- The LSTA Michigan Report for 2016 and 2016 the Fact Sheet are in the What's New section. The reports review LSTA funded projects from last year.
- LSTA Listserv
The LSTA contact list is for occasional announcements relating to the Library Services and Technology Act.