Library Services and Technology Act: www.michigan.gov/lsta
The Library of Michigan supports statewide initiatives and competitive grant programs for libraries with federal funds received under the Museum and Library Services Act of 2010.
The Institute for Museum and Library Services, an independent federal agency, provides funds to State Library Administrative Agencies to improve and support library, museum and information services. The legislation outlines the following broad priorities, excerpted below:
- expanding services for learning and access to information ... ;
- establishing or enhancing electronic and other linkages and improved coordination among and between libraries ... ;
- providing training and professional development, including continuing education, to enhance the skills of the current library workforce ... ;
- developing public and private partnerships with other agencies and community-based organizations;
- targeting library services to individuals of diverse geographic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds, to individuals with disabilities, and to individuals with limited functional literacy or information skills;
- developing library services that provide all users access to information ...
Contact Karren Reish at email@example.com or (517) 241-0021 with any LSTA related questions.
New LSTA Five Year Plan for Michigan
IMLS has approved the 2017-2022 Five-Year Plan for Michigan. The plan is effective 10/01/2017 - 9/30/2022 and guides Michigan's use of LSTA funding.
IMLS Budget Impact
The Library of Michigan provides a range of services and programs to public, academic and school libraries and librarians as well as Michigan residents. You can find details about these programs and their impact below.
2017-2018 Collaborative Library Services Grants Return!
The 2nd year of the Collaborative Library Services grant program will launch soon! To participate, libraries must submit an Intent to File form by October 31st and an application by January 31st. Please see the Collaborative Library Services Grant program section below for more information, including dates for webinars about how to complete an Intent to File form and how to complete an application.
2018 Public Library Services Grants
The 2018 program will be announced in April. Check back soon!
Previous Grant Programs
- We awarded 68 Public Library Services grants for the first year of the program.
- We awarded 4 Collaborative Library Services grants and 4 Collaborative Library Services sponsorships. 2017 grants are listed here.
- LSTA Listserv
The LSTA contact list is for occasional announcements relating to the Library Services and Technology Act.