Library Services and Technology Act: www.michigan.gov/lsta
The Library of Michigan supports statewide initiatives and competitive grant programs for libraries with federal funds received under the Museum and Library Services Act of 2010.
The Institute for Museum and Library Services, an independent federal agency, provides funds to State Library Administrative Agencies to improve and support library, museum and information services. The legislation outlines the following broad priorities, excerpted below:
- expanding services for learning and access to information ... ;
- establishing or enhancing electronic and other linkages and improved coordination among and between libraries ... ;
- providing training and professional development, including continuing education, to enhance the skills of the current library workforce ... ;
- developing public and private partnerships with other agencies and community-based organizations;
- targeting library services to individuals of diverse geographic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds, to individuals with disabilities, and to individuals with limited functional literacy or information skills;
- developing library services that provide all users access to information ...
Contact Karren Reish at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 241-0021 with any LSTA related questions.
NEW - IMLS Budget Impact
The Library of Michigan provides a range of services and programs to public, academic and school libraries and librarians as well as Michigan residents. You can find details about these programs and their impact below.
- State Librarian Randy Riley Letter on IMLS Funding
- IMLS Budget Information for Michigan
- LSTA Fact Sheet - 2017
- We have awarded 68 Public Library Services grants. Check the program out for next year below!
- Congratulations to the Collaborative Library Services grantees! The 2017 grants are listed here.
- We have submitted an evaluation of the 2012-2017 Five-Year plan and the 2017-2022 Five-Year plan. Both will be posted after IMLS acceptance.
- The LSTA Michigan Report and Fact Sheet for 2016 are in the What's New section. These review last year's LSTA funded projects.
- LSTA Listserv
The LSTA contact list is for occasional announcements relating to the Library Services and Technology Act.