For those of you able to visit the Library of Michigan, local history materials, including: city and county histories, newspaper clippings, vital records, cemetery transcriptions and plat maps can be accessed during theLibrary's business hours. A librarian on staff would be happy to show you how to search our catalog for the best results.
Seeking Michigan, a freely available website founded by the Library of Michigan and the Archives of Michigan in 2009, includes:
- Digital collections, including nearly 1 million Michigan death certificates (1897-1920) from the Library of Michigan's collection, state census records (1827- 1894), Civil War service records, and much more.
- Research guides, including Getting Started, Immigration & Naturalization, Military Records, Vital Records, and Michigan county guides.
- Indexes to naturalizations for more than 30 Michigan counties.
- A Michigan County Clerks directory, complete with contact information and holdings overview.
For questions, please contact the Archives of Michigan at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in the Library of Michigan!
- Seeking Michigan
- Seeking Michigan - Naturalization Indexes
- Seeking Michigan - County Clerks Directory
- ANSWER Library Catalog
- Michigan Cemetery Sources
- Michigan Newspapers
- Michigan Vital Records Research at the Library of Michigan
- Michigan Genealogy Research Network
Michigan genealogical societies and professional genealogists will provide genealogical research services for a fee.