Michigan Center for the Book: michigan.gov/mcfb
Congratulations to the 2016/2017 Michigan Center for the Book Grant winners! Each library submitted a proposal for a community enriching program:
- Alcona County Library – Conversation with Mardi Jo Link
- Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library – Alpena Book Festival 2016
- Brandon Township Public Library – 101 Things that Happened on the Mackinac Bridge
- Orion Township Public Library – Michigan Rarities and Oddities – Mysteries & Legends in Small Michigan Towns
- Paw Paw District Library – Geek Fest
- Presque Isle District Library – Into the Wild Isle Royale
Like the MCB on Facebook to watch for more opportunities and activities!
- What is the Center for the Book?
The Michigan Center for the Book is the Michigan affiliate of the National Center for the Book at the Library of Congress. The Center draws from the Library of Michigan and its affiliate institutions to encourage and produce local and statewide programs and resources that promote the culture of books.
- Author Visits - How To & Collaboration
- Michigan Book Lists
- Michigan Book World
- One Book Archive
- Letters About Literature
- Michigan Authors & Illustrators database
Why do affiliates join the Center for the Book? To invest in local and statewide library services. See what our affiliates think about membership in the Why Should My Library Join piece. See How is the Center for the Book organized? for an application, annual reports, meeting minutes, etc. or contact Edwina Murphy at email@example.com or (517) 373-4376 for more information or visit their website,
Our mission is to promote an awareness of books, reading, literacy, authors and Michigan's rich literary heritage.
As the Michigan affiliate of the National Center for the Book, the Center also seeks to further in Michigan the National Center's goal of promoting books, reading, libraries and literacy.
- How is the Center for the Book organized?
The Library of Michigan and the Center affiliates sponsor the Center for the Book. The Library of Michigan provides administrative support for the Center. Affiliates provide programming for the Center. For a list of affiliates, Board meeting minutes and Center annual reports, please click on More.