2017 MCFB Grant Procedures
The Michigan Center for the Book will partially fund events or projects in Michigan that enhance or complement our mission to promote an awareness of books, reading, literacy, authors and Michigan's rich literary heritage.
Requirements to apply for funds are:
- The event must be free and open to the public.
- The sponsoring organization must be a Michigan-based nonprofit organization, library, or school. Michigan Center for the Book affiliates may receive priority.
- The request for funds must be no more than fifty percent of the total budget of the project/event or no more than $250, whichever is less.
- Grants are limited to one per section of the state. Applicants should identify which section from which they are applying.
- A grantee may receive only one grant per calendar year and a project may receive only one grant per calendar year. NOTE: Non-affiliates may not receive grants in consecutive years.
- Materials used to publicize the project/event must credit the Michigan Center for the Book. The phrase "sponsored in part by the Michigan Center for the Book" is required and the Michigan Center for the Book logo can be used as well.
Within thirty days uponn completion of the event:
- A report must be turned in to the Michigan Center for the Book. This report is intended to aid the effectiveness of the Michigan Center for the Book in reaching its goals.
- Materials used to publicize the project/event must be included with the report.
Review criteria for requests may include Center for the Book affiliate status, impact of the program, uniqueness of the program, geographic area of the institution, community size, and previous Center for the Book funding. Programs that provide new opportunities to participants are preferred.
For more information on the program, contact
Michigan Center for the Book Coordinator