Michigan Day at the Library of Michigan and Historical CenterDate: May 06, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Location: 702 W. Kalamazoo St., Lansing, MI 48909 (Jump to map)
Date: May 6, 2017 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Michigan Library and Historical Center will be a hub of Michigan-themed activities and exhibits as the Library of Michigan and Michigan History Museum commemorate Michigan Day.
Celebrate the real stories of Michigan - from our First Peoples to the Civil War to the building of the Mackinac Bridge - in our new signature event. Michigan's history is so rich and diverse, you'll want to come back every year!
- View rare and significant documents preserved in the Archives of Michigan
- Participate in hands-on activities to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Mackinac Bridge
- Get a library card and check out the most popular books in the state
- Walk through a Civil War reenactors encampment
- Hear the story of a renowned Michigan abolitionist
- Visit the Rare Book Room Gallery to see treasures of the state
- Try your hand at making old-fashioned radio sound effects
- Visit the Lake Erie room and browse all the hiking and camping resources you may need
- Celebrate the birthday of a famous Michigan rocker
- Create your own take away vintage souvenir at the Library of Michigan