Huron Clinton Metroparks ~ Police Officer ~ Part Time
Opening Date: 1/4/2017
Closing Date: until vacancies are filled
COMMENTS: The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is a five county (Wayne, Macomb, Oakland, Livingston, and Washtenaw) regional parks system and hosts nearly 9 million visitors each year at 13 Metroparks covering 24,000 acres. The Metroparks offer ten golf courses, two marinas, scenic nature trails, beaches, pools & aquatic facilities, educational activities and winter sports.
We are accepting applications to fill openings for Part-time Seasonal Police Officers to begin in April 2016. Officers will work various locations throughout the five county park systems. Applicants must be able to work a 7 day per week schedule, be available for any shift, and will be required to work assigned Special Events, Weekends and Holidays. May be assigned to work in other parks and districts as needed and if necessary.
- MCOLES Certified Officer or certifiable Police Academy graduate in the State of Michigan.
- Associate’s Degree or minimum 60 credit hours earned at an accredited school preferably in law enforcement, criminal justice or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess a valid State of Michigan motor vehicle license and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Unsullied personal life free from crimes of moral turpitude as determined by a criminal history and background investigation.
- Upon offer of employment, satisfactory completion of background check, physical to include drug screening, and psychological examination.
- Free from controlled substances other than those prescribed under a licensed physician's care.
- Non-smoker on the job.
- Ability to observe situations analytically and objectively and to react with good independent judgment within legal guidelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with co-workers and the general public.
- Ability to maintain proficiency with duty firearm in accordance with HCMA rules and regulations.
- May be assigned to work in other parks and districts as needed and if necessary.
- Will be required to work assigned Special Events, Weekends and Holidays.
Ability to perform all of the essential job functions and typical physical demands unassisted and without delay.
Selection will be based upon background, experience, and qualifications assessed in the interview process. For consideration please forward HCMA employment application (available on our website www.metroparks.com ) to: HCMA.PD@metroparks.com or mail to: Chief of Police, Huron-Clinton Metroparks, 13000 High Ridge Dr., Brighton, MI 48114.
Applications will be accepted until all vacancies are filled. The Huron-Clinton Metropolitan Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.