Detroit Police Department ~ Police Officer / Entry Level
Opening Date: January 1, 2017
Closing Date: TBD
CONTACT PERSON: Sgt. Jermareo McDaniel
- A police officer shall be responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the protection of life and property, enforcement of criminal and traffic laws, prevention of crime, preservation of the public peace, and the apprehension of criminals:
- A police officer is responsible for the detection, prevention and suppression of crime (e.g., proactive policing, etc.);
- A police officer shall also be responsible for performing clerical duties as assigned by proper authority; and
- A police officer shall ensure that all required forms, logs, etc., that are created by the officer are properly completed.
- A police officer shall assume any other duties and responsibilities, which may be delegated by a superior officer or an entity with authority within the department.