Charter Township of Flint Police Department ~ Police Officer
OPENING DATE: 10/11/2016
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
The Charter Township of Flint Police Department has an authorized strength of 45 full time sworn staff and fifteen civilian support staff. The department is headquartered in a state of the art facility which was completed in 2004. The department serves a community of 33,691 residents and a large commercial/retail district and anticipate filling (7) open fulltime patrol officer positions 2016/2017.
Top Patrol Officer base annual wage for 2017 is $61,196 per labor agreement. Benefits: 12-hour shifts (84 hours per pay period), Health, Dental & Vision insurance, MERS Defined Benefit Pension Plan, EAP, Paid Time Off, Uniform/Equipment Provided, Longevity Pay, Shift Premium, etc. Lateral entry wage transfer considered based on experience and training.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Citizen of the United States.
- Attain the age of majority.
- Possess a valid Michigan Drivers License.
- The applicant must possess an Associates Degree and must be Michigan Commission of Law Enforcement Standards (M.C.O.L.E.S.) Certified or Certifiable as defined by M.C.O.L.E.S.
- The applicant must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a fully accredited College or University and must possess all qualifications required for entrance into the M.C.O.L.E.S. program and be willing to enter into and complete the M.C.O.L.E.S. training program to be certified.
- Must posses the Health, Fitness, Physical and Psychological capacity required to perform as a Police Officer.
- Pursuant to collective bargaining agreements, all police officers hired after January 1, 2012, are required to reside within 20 miles from the nearest Township boundary. Officers have ninety (90) days after the initial appointment to comply with this requirement.
- This requirement does not apply to a person if the person is married and both of the following conditions are met:
(a) The person's spouse is employed by another public employer.
(b) The person's spouse is subject to a condition of employment or promotion that, if not for this section, would require him or her to reside a distance of less than 20 miles from the nearest boundary of the public employer.
Must file a Flint Township Civil Service Commission Application for Entry Level Police Officer along with written proof of the Education requirement during regular business hours, Monday ~ Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Applications are available at the following locations.
- Flint Township Clerk's Office, 1490 S. Dye Road, Flint, Ml 48532 810-732 1350
- Flint Township Police Department, 5200 Norko Drive, Flint, MI, 48507, 810-600-3250
- Download from www.flinttownshippolice.org or www.flinttownship.org.
Applications must be returned to the office of the Flint Township Clerk. All qualified applicants will be notified by First Class mail and email at the address provided on their application form of the date, time and place for the written portion of the examination.
All qualified applicants will be notified by First Class mail and email at the address provided on their application form of the date, time and place for the written portion of the examination.