Oscoda County Sheriff's Office ~ 2 Full time Deputy Sheriff
Opening Date: 10/21/16
Closing Date: Until Filled
CONTACT PERSON: Sgt. Chuck Varner/Sheriff Kevin Grace
The Oscoda County Sheriff's Office is seeking applicants for 2 full time Deputy Sheriff positions. (Experience is preferred.)
- Be MCOLES certified or certifiable
- Possess a valid Driver's License and have a good driving record
- Must have no felony conviction, including expunged convictions
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have good public relation skills
- Have the ability to pass a complete background investigation, medical and psychological exam, drug screening, and all other phases of the selection process.
- Enforce the laws of the state of Michigan in a safe, caring, and efficient manner.
The Officers duties will include, but not limited to:
- Traffic enforcement
- Investigation of criminal and civil laws
- Investigate accidents
- Apprehending and arresting criminals along with public relation assignments within the communities.
This position does include 84 hours bi-weekly, medical and retirement benefits and starting wages of $17.43 per hour and wage advancements for the first four years and subject to union contract after that.
To apply, visit our website at www.oscodacountymi.com to complete the on line application and the waiver form and contact Sgt. Chuck Varner at email@example.com or Sheriff Kevin Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org