Huron Township Police Department ~ Police Officer (Full-Time)
Opening Date: November 21, 2016
Closing Date: Until Filled
PICK UP AND DROP OFF APPLICATIONS AT THE HURON TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT OFFICES, OR ONLINE: http://www.hurontownship-mi.gov/PoliceDepartment/Employment.aspx
PLEASE NO PHONE INQUIRIES.
Huron Township Police Department
36500 S. Huron Rd.
New Boston MI 48164
The Huron Township Police Department is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Full-time Police Officer.
The Charter Township of Huron is located in Wayne County and borders the City of Flat Rock, Sumpter, Romulus, and Monroe County. Huron Township is approximately 36 square miles and serves a population of approximately 16,000 residents.
To perform responsible law enforcement which includes but not limited to the enforcement of all laws and ordinances, prevention, detection and investigations of crime, and traffic accidents. The apprehension of violators, the preservation of order, and any other related police functions as directed by supervisory personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS: General requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Be 21 years of age
- High school graduate or equivalency (Collegiate Degree Highly Preferred)
- No prior felony convictions
- Possess a valid State of Michigan operator's license with an excellent driving record
- Have passed the EMPCO test. https://www.empco.net/testing/
- Be a MCOLES certified or certifiable police officer
- Be a United States citizen
- Successfully complete all phases of the hiring process
- Meet all MCOLES employment standards
- Computer skills are preferred
WAGES AND BENEFITS: (per contract expiring 12/31/18)
Starting pay: $20.30 hourly
Medical benefits vision, dental, life insurance, and disability (short and long)
MERS 2.5 multiplier with 25 years service and age 55.
Huron Township is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. . .