Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Police Department ~ Police Officer
Opening Date: 12-20-2016
Closing Date: until filled
SAGINAW CHIPPEWA INDIAN TRIBE OF MICHIGAN POSITION DESCRIPTION OFFICIAL POSITION TITLE: Tribal Police Officer
DEPARTMENT: Law Enforcement
REPORTS TO: Tribal Police Sergeant
SUPERVISES: N/A DATE: December 20th, 2016
APPROVED BY: Council motion 8/21/13 Saganing Division (within Arenac County)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Police Officer patrols designated areas of the Reservation to protect life and property, to prevent and deter crime, enforce laws, respond to citizen requests for assistance and perform investigations. The Reservation includes lands in Isabella County and Arenac County. The position may require permanent assignment to either location.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs law enforcement patrol activities. Operates a motor vehicle and observes and monitors the public to determine compliance/noncompliance with prescribed operating or safety standards and laws. Pursues and stops offenders, subdues resisting offenders using necessary force where appropriate, including deadly force.
2. Issues citations and makes arrests; searches persons, places and things; seizes and impounds property and evidence; transports arrested persons and property.
3. Mediates disputes; performs crowd and riot control activities.
4. Conducts law enforcement investigations. Protects crime and traffic accident scenes; conducts face to face and phone interviews; observes, gathers, records, processes and preserves evidence; measures and diagrams crime and traffic accident scenes; prepares detailed written reports of investigative findings; seizes and processes evidence; presents testimony and evidence in court. Preparing a professionally written document.
5. Performs public assistance activities. Responds to citizen requests for assistance to fires, accidents and crime scenes; administers first aid to sick and injured citizens for a wide variety of illnesses and injuries; assists distressed motorists and crime scene individuals; directs traffic; moves persons, vehicles and other property.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Apply online at www.sagchip.org Contact Sergeant Wilson with any questions