Tawas Police Authority ~ Police Officer
Opening Date: May 9, 2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
This is an entry level law enforcement position with the Tawas Police Authority. Salary: Starting Salary is $34,000/$35,700 at one year with step increases.
Applications are available at and should be forwarded to the following address: Tawas Police Authority 810 W. Westover St East Tawas, MI 48730 or online at www.easttawas.com/police-department
Open Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
- Associate's degree in Law Enforcement or two years of related college-level coursework or a Bachelor's degree in any discipline or the equivalent in combined education and related experience.
- Current MCOLES certification.
- Must be capable of performing essential functions of this position.
Must meet all employment standards for Michigan Law Enforcement Officers as established by MCOLES including:
- A valid Michigan Driver's License
- United States Citizen
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Good moral character and no record of criminal convictions, including expungements
At the time of application you must submit the following or your application will not be considered:
- Official Tawas Police Authority Employment Application.
- Official college transcripts or copy of request submitted to college.
- Copy of current MCOLES Certification.
Examination Process: The results at each step in the application process will determine eligibility for continuation to subsequent steps. The process will include application review, oral interview, background investigation, and psychological evaluation. All candidates are required to successfully complete a Field Training Program.
Open Until Filled
The Tawas Police Authority is an Equal Opportunity Provider.