Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Police Department ~ Tribal Police Officer ~ Isabella Reservation/Isabella County
Opening Date: 5/25/2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
OFFICIAL POSITION TITLE: Tribal Police Officer - Isabella Reservation/Isabella County
DEPARTMENT: Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Police Department
REPORTS TO: Tribal Police Sergeant
SALARY RANGE: Certified Officer $20.04 - $27.39 after 5 years
BENEFITS: 401k and medical/dental
POSITION SUMMARY: Police Officers patrol designated areas of the Reservation to protect life and property, to prevent and deter crime, enforce laws, respond to citizen requests for assistance and perform investigations. The Reservation includes lands in Isabella County and Arenac County. This posting requires permanent assignment in Isabella County.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs law enforcement patrol activities. Operates a motor vehicle and observes and monitors the public to determine compliance/noncompliance with prescribed operating or safety standards and laws. Pursues and stops offenders, subdues resisting offenders using necessary force where appropriate, including deadly force.
2. Issues citations and makes arrests; searches persons, places and things; seizes and impounds property and evidence; transports arrested persons and property.
3. Mediates disputes; performs crowd and riot control activities.
4. Conducts law enforcement investigations. Protects crime and traffic accident scenes; conducts face to face and phone interviews; observes, gathers, records, processes and preserves evidence; measures and diagrams crime and traffic accident scenes; prepares detailed written reports of investigative findings; seizes and processes evidence; presents testimony and evidence in court. Preparing a professionally written document.
5. Performs public assistance activities. Responds to citizen requests for assistance to fires, accidents and crime scenes; administers first aid to sick and injured citizens for a wide variety of illnesses and injuries; assists distressed motorists and crime scene individuals; directs traffic; moves persons, vehicles and other property.
6. Performs other duties as assigned. All applicants must pass a full background investigation including medical, drug screen, and psychological examination. All applicants must be able to get cross deputized from the appropriate county sheriff's office.
Apply online at www.sagchip.org.
Contact Sergeant Wilson with any questions.