Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians ~ Tribal Police Officer
Opening Date: 9/6/17
Closing Date: 9/22/17
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree or equivalent sponsorship required. Degree must be from an accredited institution whose program of study has been recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or the United States Department of Education; equivalent sponsorship must be from a Police Department.
- Completion of Police Academy training preferred.
- Must have successfully passed basic recruit training and firearms qualifications.
- Must meet requirements of Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) or obtain MCOLES license within a reasonable amount of time.
- Bureau of Indiana Affairs Special Deputation Training and Certification required or obtain within a reasonable amount of time.
- Ability to rigorous physical examination and background check required.
- Experience working with Native American communities preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications required.
Full Job Description is available online at www.pokagonband-nsn.gov