City of Portage ~ Police Officer (Part-time Only)
Opening Date: 6/12/2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
Highly responsible position with a variety of duties. This officer will perform bailiff activities, evidence/attorney currier duties, and serve subpoenas along with having crime prevention, criminal and emergency response, and investigation and traffic enforcement responsibilities. This position offers up to 28 hours per week, on a 3 day per week schedule. The starting hourly rate is $20.67 per hour. There is a limited benefits program.
The minimum qualifications for a successful candidate include the following:
- Must possess an Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice or related field. A Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice is preferred.
- Must be MCOLES licensed or licensable.
- Must pass a written assessment test (as outlined below), an internal oral board (Panel) interview, comprehensive background investigation and post-offer physical and psychological examinations.
- Must pass or have passed the MCOLES physical fitness test.
- Must possess/obtain a valid Michigan driver license with excellent record.
- No felony convictions, including expunged convictions.
- Must obtain residency within 20 miles of city boundaries within specified time frame.
Employment Applications may be submitted online at www.portagemi.gov or by submitting an application to the Department of Human Resources, City of Portage, 7900 S. Westnedge Ave., Portage, MI 49002. Candidates must also complete the supplemental application that is available on-line. For additional information or to schedule the written assessment test please contact the Department of Human Resources at 269-329-4533.
The City of Portage is an Equal Opportunity Employer