Sturgis Police Department ~ Full Time ~ Police Officer
Opening Date: 06/27/2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
A Sturgis Police Officer under the supervision of the Sergeant or other command Officer, patrols the City in order to enforce the local ordinances and state and federal laws, investigate criminal activities, police accident scenes, respond to domestic and other disputes, and answer requests for a variety of services. Performs a variety of functions related to protecting lives and property within the City. May be assigned to serve as a School Resource Officer, Special Response Team, Crime Scene Technician, Evidence Technician, Narcotics Investigator, Accident Investigator, or in other specialized assignments.
- Be a US Citizen
- No arrest record
- Good moral character
- Possess a valid operator's license
- Free from physical, chronic or organic diseases which may impair the performance of the essential job functions of a law enforcement officer or which may endanger the lives of others or the law enforcement officer.
- Possess normal hearing as defined by MCOLES Standards.
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision in each eye, includes peripheral vision, depth perception and night vision.
- Possess normal color vision as defined by MCOLES Standards.
- Must be MCOLES licensed or licensable at the time the application is filed, must provide copy of licensure or letter from MCOLES with application
- Must be free from mental/emotional disorders which may impair the performance of the essential job functions of a law enforcement officer or which may endanger the lives of others or the law enforcement officer.
- Must have computer and typing skills
Consideration of qualified applicants shall be made in the following order:
- MCOLES licensed and/or licensable
- Those who have completed and have current validation for MCOLES reading, writing, and physical agility skills
**Preference given to applicants fluent in the Spanish language**
Full Time Officers
Start: $20.53 per hour $43,347 / year after 4 years $28.64 per hour $59,571 / year
Full Time Benefits:
- Sick Leave
- Uniforms Furnished / Cleaned
- Footwear Allowance
- Longevity Pay
- Health Insurance – Optical
- Life Insurance
- 457 Savings Plan Dental
- Pension Plan
- Membership to the Doyle Recreation / Fitness Center
- Stress Management Program