City of Wayne ~ Police Officer
Opening Date: 7/27/2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
The City of Wayne is accepting applications for Police Officer. Applicants must conform to employment standards as set by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).
Qualifications include at a minimum:
- Associates Degree in related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred; experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, 21 years or older at time of employment.
- MCOLES licensed/licensable as a police officer, or currently enrolled in an MCOLES approved police academy.
- Must have a valid Michigan driver’s license and good driving history.
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history.
- Ability to successfully pass background investigation, psychological evaluation, interview process and drug/alcohol screen.
- Must take EMPCO test to be considered for employment. Details about exam are available at https://www.empco.net/testing
Applicants must maintain MCOLES certification for the duration of the hiring process. Must possess good moral character as determined by a favorable background investigation covering school, employment records, home environment, personal traits, and integrity. Applications may be picked up at City of Wayne City Hall, 3355 South Wayne Road, Wayne, MI 48184.
An application form is also available on our website.
Link to Application: http://www.ci.wayne.mi.us/pdfs/employapp.pdf
Link to Website: (to available positions) http://www.ci.wayne.mi.us/index.php/city-departments/personnel/2-uncategorised/36-available-positions
Applications must be completed in its entirety and on file in the Personnel Department. No resumes will be accepted without written application form.
The City of Wayne does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.