Flat Rock Police Department ~ Deputy Chief of Police
Opening Date: 08/17/2017
Closing Date: Open until filled
The City of Flat Rock is seeking a qualified, contemporary law enforcement leader for the position of Deputy Chief of Police. Description The Deputy Chief of Police assists and supports the Chief of Police in the overall management of the operations for the Flat Rock Police Department and assumes full command of the department in the absence of the Chief of Police.
The Deputy Chief of Police also does the following:
- Assists in the development and implementation of departmental goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Assists in developing the departmental budget and provides administrative guidance for the control of budget expenditures.
- Represents the police department at meetings, conferences, and other public functions as needed.
- Directs the preparation of a variety of records and reports relating to police department activities.
- Reviews and evaluates reports submitted by subordinate personnel.
- Evaluates and modifies, as required, programs, activities, policies, procedures, rules, orders, and regulations to ensure compliance with the City's and department's mission, goals and objectives, and general law.
- Designs, coordinates, and implements community organization and mobilization efforts to achieve the department's mission, goals, and objectives.
- Designs and implements technical and administrative methods of crime prevention, law enforcement, and related functions, including investigation and identification, patrol, traffic control, and safety.
- Reviews investigations of officer and/or staff misconduct and makes disciplinary action recommendations to the chief of police.
- Coordinates law enforcement activities with activities of other departments and law enforcement agencies, as directed.
- Acts as spokesperson for the police department to the media as directed.
- Participates in professional organizations and on a variety of boards, commissions, and committees. Prepares, reviews, and presents reports and other necessary correspondence, as directed by the Chief of Police.
- MCOLES Licensed
- Five or more years of progressively responsible law enforcement work experience in supervision.
- Successful graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Police Science, Public Administration, or related field.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
APPLICATION: To apply, please mail, or email, a cover letter and resume' to: John L. Leacher Chief of Police Flat Rock Police Department 25500 Gibralter Rd. Flat Rock, MI. 48134 email@example.com For full job description and requirements, please visit the city website and click on "Employment Opportunities".
The City of Flat Rock/Flat Rock Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.