Flat Rock Police Department ~ Police Officer
Opening Date: 08/17/2017
Closing Date: Open until filled
The City of Flat Rock is accepting applications for the position of “Police Officer”.
If you are looking for a community that still has that small town feel but also provides the amenities of a larger community, Flat Rock is the place for you. If you are looking for a police department with strong support from the Mayor, City Council, and the community as a whole, Flat Rock is the place for you.
If you believe modern day policing demands police officers take a proactive role in the community and should never miss an opportunity to have a positive impact, Flat Rock is the place for you.
If you want to be part of a community that embraces its police department as family, then Flat Rock is the place for you.
Qualifications include at a minimum:
- Associates degree in related field; bachelor's degree preferred; experience may be considered in lieu of education
- Must be a U.S. citizen, 21 years or older at time of employment;
- MCOLES licensed/licensable as a police officer, or currently enrolled in an MCOLES approved police academy.
- Must have a valid Michigan driver license and good driving history;
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal history;
- Ability to successfully pass background investigation, psychological evaluation, interview process and drug/alcohol screen;
A competitive wage and benefit package is offered.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until open positions are filled.
The City of Flat Rock/Flat Rock Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply, submit cover letter and resume to:
Chief of Police
Flat Rock Police Department
25500 Gibraltar Road
Flat Rock, MI 48134