Gibraltar Police Department ~ Full-Time Police Officer
Opening Date: 08/29/17
Closing Date: Until Filled
POSITION SUMMARY/JOB DESCRIPTION:
To perform responsible law enforcement and patrol work; regulate traffic, protect life and property and prevent crime and disorder; to provide assistance at the scene of accidents and other medical emergencies; work on rotating shifts; participate in investigating criminal law violations occurring within the City limits, obtain evidence and compile information regarding these crimes, prepare cases for filing of charges, testify in court, and related activities; carries out duties in conformance with Federal, State, County, and City laws and ordinances.
This position requires substantial contact with the general public, court officials, and other City officials in the performance of police operating activities.
Starting salary $41,192.63
Defined benefit retirement plan with a full benefit package
The Gibraltar Police Department is currently looking to fill two Full-Time Police Officer positions.
Minimum qualifications of applicant:
- 20 years of age
- Legally employable in the United States
- Must meet all MCOLES employment standards
- Licensed or able to become licensed as a Michigan Law Enforcement Officer or in an accredited Police Academy
- No felony convictions
- Valid State of Michigan Driver's License
- All candidates must pass a background investigation, psychological exam and drug screening
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate with a minimum of two consecutive years of employment in one location as a certified police officer
- Associates degree from an accredited college preferred
Individuals with interest in applying for the positions need to provide a current resume and employment application which can found at http://www.cityofgibraltar.net/ under the “Forms tab” electronically, or in person, to Chief of Police Matthew Lawyer at the Gibraltar Police Department.
Chief Lawyer can be contacted at, 734-676-5229 or email@example.com.
The City of Gibraltar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, disability of other factors prohibited by law.