- Determine which agency licenses the food establishment here. If the food establishment in question falls directly under Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development (MDARD) jurisdiction, continue with the rest of these steps.
- Before construction on the food establishment begins (when applicable) make sure to check local zoning ordinances to ensure local regulations allow for such an establishment.
- Acquaint yourself with the
In addition, one or more of the following regulations may be applicable to your specific establishment plan:
- Contact the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development to set up a free plan review by mail or phone as shown below.
- Fill out a Plan Review Worksheet and Plan Review Application. Be sure to review the plan submission instructions and manual.
- Once plans have been reviewed and approved, and construction is complete, contact MDARD & Rural Development by mail or phone as shown below, to set up a final inspection. At this point you should also fill out the
Food Establishment Licensing Application.
For questions or further information mail or phone:
Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development
Food and Dairy Division
PO Box 30017
Lansing, MI 48909