Grow Your Business
The Agriculture Development Division inside the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development serves businesses, entrepreneurs, farmers, researchers and others by growing jobs and investment for food and agriculture businesses in Michigan.
How Can We Help?
Here are just a few of the ways MDARD's Agriculture Development can help:
- Serve as a resource and a source of connections in the industry.
- Provide subject matter expertise to help food and agriculture businesses understand the tools and opportunities available to help them meet their business objectives.
- Connect resources and industry contacts so that companies and individuals can start or expand a food or agriculture business in the state of Michigan.
- Help companies create and expand food hubs, incubator kitchens, wineries, breweries, and more.
- Direct individuals to the resources and information to get proper licensing, export goods, or learn how to grow some of Michigan’s hottest commodities such as hops or grapes.
- Guide people to the business support, grants, and other financial support they need.
- Find additional resources to help you grow your Michigan agri-business here.
Want to get started?
Reach out to one of our Ag Development Specialists who can provide the guidance and expertise you need.