Additional Documentation and Information
HS & Schedule B Codes
Exporting documentation requires that you know the classification of your product according to its Harmonized System (HS) code and the more specific 6-digit Schedule B code.
To learn more about HS & Schedule B Codes:
- Visit Export.gov
- Watch Food Export’s “What’s New: 2012 Changes to the Harmonized System & Schedule B” webinar. Topics include:
- An overview of the Harmonized System
- How to locate your HS Code and Schedule B number
- Major updates to the 2012 Harmonized System
- Using HS Codes/Schedule B numbers to identify your top overseas markets
Certificate of Apostille
An Apostille or Certificate of Authority certifies that documents intended for use in foreign countries as legally authenticated. The Michigan Office of the Great Seal, and some branches of the Secretary of State, handle Apostilles and Certificates of Authority. Apostilles are used for countries that are party to the Apostille Treaty, while Certificates of Authority can be issued for non-party countries. Apostilles and Certificates of Authority are issued for public documents and are the equivalent of notarization within the United States.
- Please see this link for information about how to obtain an apostille.