MDARD Online Licensing System
Welcome to the MDARD-Accela help page. Accela Citizen Access (ACA) is the new online licensing system which gives users the opportunity to apply for new licenses, renew their existing licenses and maintain their existing licenses.
To visit the Accela Citizen Access website, go to https://aca3.accela.com/mdard/.
The purpose of this page is to help customers navigate and process through the ACA website easily. You will be able to find background information and also several sets of procedures on this page.
If you want to access using mobile device, see "Using a Mobile Device" below.
Current Hot Topics
- Food Establishment License Renewals
Renewing your license online for the first time is a simple three-step process. Please follow the step-by-step instructions in this document:
Online Accela License Renewal Instructions for Food Establishment
- Nursery License Renewals
In 2016, the nursery licensing database was migrated to a new computer program. Due to several data migration issues, we cannot guarantee that all nursery licenses can be successfully renewed online without assistance. If you are interested in renewing online, please contact the MDARD Customer Service Center (800-292-3939, 8 am – 5 pm, M – F) for guidance.
- The renewal packets were mailed approximately October 1, 2016.
- Click here for the basic instructions for renewing online. However, MDARD staff may need to check your license data to ensure that all of the necessary information is available.
- To apply for a new license if you have moved or changed ownership, see the guide How to apply for a new license
- Register for an Account
- What do I need to know/have prior to starting a license application/renewal?
Processing License Application/Renewals
- How to apply for a new license
- How to link your existing license to your ACA account
- How to complete a renewal steps
- Companies with Multiple Locations
Using a Mobile Device
Making Changes/Updates on your existing License
At this point the online licensing system only accepts payments in form of a credit card. (Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
Please note that the State of Michigan utilizes the State’s CEPAS System to process payments. The charge will show up on your account as “Department of Agriculture Credit Card.”
- How to pay online new licenses/renewals
The payment for a new license application or a renewal will be a part of your application process. Making a payment will be the last step of your application step where you will be redirected to the State of Michigan’s payment method.
Please contact the MDARD Customer Service Center at 800-292-3939 (M-F, 8-5) or send an email with your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are contacting us about an existing license, please include the license number and name of the business in your email.