Hauler/Sampler/In-Line Sampler Details & FAQ
- Expiration: License expires June 30th every other even year
- Fee: $50 every other year
- Email: email@example.com or Phone: 800-292-3939
- Forms: DY-304
Who needs a license?
Anyone who picks up bulk milk at a dairy farm needs to be licensed. Also, anyone who samples their own milk or samples milk on behalf of a dairy producer is likewise required to be licensed.
What fees are required? How long is the license good for? Is it pro-rated?
There is a $50 fee for a 2 year license, due on even years. This license is pro-rated to be reduced by $25 per year.
How do I apply for a license?
An individual should apply for a license by using the application form DY-304.
Are there any special requirements to obtain a license?
Yes. Both a written and practical exam are required to obtain this license. An inspection is also required. Study the Bulk Milk Hauler Training Manual and practice exam (DY-360).
Who do I contact for an inspection and to take the exam?
An individual who is interested in being licensed as a hauler/sampler or in-line sampler should contact the Lansing office at 800-292-3939.
Procedures for Certified Samplers/Bulk Milk Haulers in accordance with the
Grade "A" Milk Law of 2001
(The links below require Adobe's free Acrobat Reader to view.)
There are several steps to becoming a licensed certified sampler/bulk milk hauler:
- Study training manual DY-360 and fill out the corresponding application form DY-304.
- Contact the Lansing Office at 800-292-3939 to set up an appointment to take the exam (written and practical).
- A license costs $50 and is good for two years, expiring June 30th of even years (license is prorated).
- If operating a self-owned truck, a milk transportation company license is required which entails a $20 fee and completion of form DY-305 (front and back).
- For further information, take a look at DY-304, DY-356 (front) and DY-356 (back). These may or may not apply to your specific situation.
- Requests for additional information can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org