- Urban Agriculture Overview
Michigan is the second most diverse agriculture state in the United States. Food and agriculture is Michigan’s second largest industry. For many communities in Michigan, food and agriculture is a major economic driver and is a growing industry. Many consumers are placing a higher value on fresh, locally grown foods, and their health. They want to know where their food comes from and how it is raised. This increased interest has led individuals to want to raise livestock in urban/suburban areas.
- Urban Livestock Technical Workgroup Guidelines
- Urban Livestock Workgroup - Recommendations Report To Director Jamie Clover Adams and State Senator Joe Hune
- Urban Agriculture in Michigan: Things to consider about soil and water
- Working With Soil in Urban Areas