close print view
Emerald Ash Borer - Disposal Sites
Prices for disposal of wood materials will vary by location.
MDARD maintained eight marshaling yards, or wood disposal sites, as part of the EAB Program from 2003 - 2005. These yards maintained a State Contract with MDARD to collect ash material at no cost to the general public or government agencies. In December of 2005, the contract with the yards was cancelled due to a decrease in funding to support the yards. In order to continue to promote these yards, as well as additional wood disposal sites within the State of Michigan, qualified and approved firms must receive a Compliance Inspection and operate under the requirements of the EAB Quarantine.
- Firm must currently be operating a wood industry business in the State of Michigan.
- Firm must receive a Compliance Inspection by MDARD.
- MDARD must provide EAB Quarantine Documents to the Firm.
- Firm must enter into an MDARD Compliance Agreement for the movement of regulated ash materials in accordance with quarantine requirements.
- Firm Name, Location, Hours of Operation,Contact Person, and costs of disposal will be posted on the MDARD Web site.
To request a Compliance Inspection, please call the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development by calling its customer service center toll-free at: 1-800-292-3939 or by email at email@example.com.
Disposal Yards List:
- Click here for list (Additional firms can be added to this Web site, if the above qualifications are met.)
What materials are eligible for disposal?
- Trees/wood materials of any species removed under municipal contracts.
- Trees/wood materials of any species removed from private properties by private contractors or property owners.