Foodborne Illness Risk Reduction
Information for Operators
These documents contain information that can assist food establishment managers in achieving active managerial control of foodborne illness risk factors.
- Annex 4, 2005 Food Code: Management of Food Safety Practices - Achieving Active Managerial Control of Foodborne Illness Risk Factors
- Supplement to Annex 4: Managing Food Safety: A Manual for the Voluntary Use of HACCP Principles for Operators of Food Service and Retail Establishments (FDA)
Information for Regulators
These documents contain information that can assist food safety regulators in understanding and utilizing the latest risk-based inspection approaches. The risk factor surveys show the type and prevalence of foodborne illness risk factor related problems that exist. Regulators should focus on identifying and gaining long-term compliance on these food safety areas during inspections.
· Annex 5, 2005 Food Code: Conducting Risk-Based Inspections
· Supplement to Annex 5: Managing Food Safety: A Regulator's Manual For Applying HACCP Principles to Risk-based Retail and Food Service Inspections and Evaluating Voluntary Food Safety Management Systems (FDA)
Risk Factor Surveys
· Survey on the Occurrence of Foodborne Illness Risk Factors in Michigan Retail Food Establishments, October 2008
· Baseline Survey on the Occurrence of Foodborne Illness Risk Factors in Michigan Retail Food Establishments, August, 2005
· Survey Forms
· Food Service Version
· Retail Food Version