Guidelines and Resources for CliniciansThis section provides information specific to providers and other professionals on childhood lead poisoning prevention.
Guidelines and Procedures:
The Michigan Blood Lead Testing Plan uses three criteria for determining if a child should be tested for lead poisoning:
- Living in one of Michigan's 14 target communities;
- Enrollment in Medicaid or WIC; or
- Score on a screening questionnaire.
- Procedures for Portable Blood Lead Analyzer Users (LeadCare I & II)
Blood Lead Testing:
- Professional literature
- Pointers for collecting capillary blood draws (last updated 7/2/2012)
- Primary care providers in Michigan can receive continuing education credits for a web-based training module on Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention. Click here for an informational flyer, or find the training module online at training.mihealth.org.
This page updated 2/25/15.