Healthy Kids, Healthy Michigan
Healthy Kids, Healthy Michigan (HKHM) emerged with an obesity prevention policy prioritization effort in late 2007. In 2008, HKHM transformed into a coalition dedicated to reducing childhood obesity in Michigan through strategic policy initiatives and a campaign was launched concurrently to address its 6 highest priority policy issues. The coalition is now comprised of decision makers from more than 120 organizations statewide, representing government, non-profits, and public and private sectors.
To find out more visit www.healthykidshealthymich.com. Also find HKHM on Facebook and Twitter.
ADVOCATES FOR HEALTHY WEIGHT IN CHILDREN:
- The Family's Guide to Healthy Eating and Physical Activity, is a checklist to be used by families when considering a child care provider. Young children need healthy food and lots of physical activity to get them on track for a lifetime of health. When choosing a child care provider (or working with an existing provider), it is a good idea to talk about what the provider is doing to promote children's health in order to give children the best possible start.
- Healthy Kids, Healthy Michigan 2012 Commitment Form
- Coalition Meeting Presentation October 19, 2011
- Healthy Kids Healthy Michigan Supporters
- Healthy Kids, Healthy Michigan Accomplishments Document
- Healthy Kids, Healthy Michigan: 2012 Issue Briefs
- Healthy Kids,Healthy Michigan: 2012 Policy Priorities
- Barlow, S.E., & the Expert Committee. (2007). Expert Committee Recommendations Regarding the Prevention, Assessment, and Treatment of Child and Adolescent Overweight and Obesity: Summary Report. Rediatrics, 120(Supplement 4), S164-92.
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. (2010). Screening for Obesity in Children and Adolescents: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement. Pediatrics, peds.2009-2037. doi:10.1542/peds.2009-2037.
- State School Board of Education approved Michigan Nutrition Standards
- Increasing Access to Healthy Foods: Michigan's New Property Tax Incentive for Retail Food Establishments Fact Sheet
- Clinical Decision Support Tools
- 2009 Medicaid Provider L Letter
- CSHP - Butcher Bill
- Early Childhood (May)
- HE PE Butcher Bill
- House Health Policy
- LSJ (page 1-2) 3-13-11
- Nutrition Standards - Butcher
- US News & World Report
Healthy Kids, Healthy Michigan is not Healthy Kids Insurance / Medicaid / MIChild, please call: 1-888-988-6300 if assistance is needed.