|Civil Service Commission Rule 5-1.3, Coordinated Compensation Plan, states:
The coordinated compensation panel shall send a recommended coordinated compensation plan for all nonexclusively represented classified employees to the civil service commission. The panel shall consider negotiated collective bargaining agreements, any impasse panel recommendations, and any recommendations of the employer or employees. The panel shall send its recommendation on or before the date set by the state personnel director.
Civil Service Regulation 6.06, Standard E, Alternative Procedures, states:
The State Personnel Director may establish alternative procedures and schedules for the conduct of the Coordinated Compensation Plan process, after providing prior written notice, when deemed necessary.
Due to the lack of time remaining before the gubernatorial budget message, I have determined that the following alternative procedures are necessary for the FY 2011-12 Coordinated Compensation Plan (CCP) process:
- Requests by nonexclusively represented employees who are not members of limited recognition organizations (LROs) to participate in the CCP process for FY 2011-2012 must be received by January 24, 2011. A request must include (1) the employee's name, address, and phone number; (2) a certification that the employee is not a member of an LRO; and (3) a position statement summarizing specific compensation or benefits changes proposed and why they are necessary. A hard copy of the request must be submitted to the CCP Panel, c/o Amy Cahoon, Michigan Civil Service Commission, Compensation Program, P. O. Box 30002, Lansing, Michigan 48909. An electronic copy in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or Adobe PDF format must also be submitted by January 24, 2011 to cahoona@Michigan.gov. Notice of whether an employee's request to participate has been granted shall be sent by January 31, 2011.
- LROs and the Office of the State Employer (OSE) must submit a copy of any position statement summarizing any specific compensation or benefits changes proposed for FY 2011-2012 and why they are necessary. One hard copy and one electronic copy of the statement must be received by Amy Cahoon at the addresses listed above by January 26, 2011.
- A quorum of the ERB members will not be available under this year's compressed schedule. As authorized in CSC Rule 1-15.4(c), the ERB has appointed staff members to serve as the CCP panel. Amy Cahoon, Matthew Fedorchuk, and John Gnodtke have been designated to serve as the CCP panel for this year's proceedings.
- The CCP hearing will be held on February 2, 2011 at 9:00 am at 400 South Pine Street, Lansing, Michigan. The OSE, LROs, and any employees granted leave to participate may present testimonial and supporting exhibits at the hearing. Four hard copies of any exhibit must be presented to the CCP panel. An electronic copy of any exhibits must also be presented to the CCP panel by February 2, 2011, either by e-mail to cahoona@Michigan.gov or on DVD or CD-ROM. The CCP panel shall have discretion in regulating the conduct of the CCP hearing.
- The CCP recommendation shall be transmitted to the commission and interested parties on or before February 7, 2011. This year's recommendation may merely summarize the arguments presented by all parties and recommend that the commission make a final decision consistent with the standards usually considered, as listed in Regulation 6.06, Standard 4.D.
- The commission may then make its final CCP determination at its next meeting.