Disability Management Office and MI HR Service Center
The Disability Management Office (DMO) is a specialized service center that administers, approves, and processes FMLA leaves, medical leaves of absence, and workers' compensation claims.
MI HR Service Center provides State of Michigan employees a single contact for a wide variety of payroll and human-resource transactions.
Open weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., except holidays, the center's staff services can provide callers personal assistance to:
- Enroll in Benefits as a New Hire
Benefits include health, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance and flexible spending accounts.
- Update Benefits Due to a Life Event (such as marriage, birth or adoption of a child, etc.)
- Make Payroll Changes (such as deposit and deduction changes.)
- Receive MI HR Self-Service Assistance (such as password reset or help navigating the MI HR Self-Service application.)
- Get Help with Annual Enrollment Events
The MI HR Service Center staff answers thousands of questions on the state's annual enrollment events (Insurance Open Enrollment, Flexible Spending, State Employee Charitable Campaign). Employees receive a variety of communications on these events before enrollment and may contact the MI HR Service Center or complete the process on their own through their MI HR Self-Service account.
The MI HR Service Center can be contacted at 877-766-6447.