Migrant Education - Title I, Part C The Migrant Education Program is designed to support high-quality, comprehensive educational programs for migratory children to help reduce the educational disruptions and other problems that result from repeated moves. The program provides educational and support services to migrant children and youth through both regular school year and summer programs. Children may be eligible if their families have moved within the previous 36 months to obtain temporary or seasonal work in agriculture or fishing. Eligibility is determined through a recruitment process and the completion of a Certificate of Eligibility. Priority is given to children who are not achieving core academic curriculum standards and whose education has been interrupted during the regular school year within the previous twelve months. The program also supports identification and recruitment activities across the entire state, both upper and lower peninsulas, to locate migrant children and inform their families of available services.
Office of Field Services
Special Populations Unit
- 2013 Special Populations Conference (Posted 3/5/14)
- Michigan State Service Delivery Plan
- Teacher Resource! Michigan eLibrary Culture Grams
- Priority for Services Eligibility Guidance Document (Updated 8/15/14)
- Priority for Services Eligibility Determination Worksheet 2014-15 (Updated 8/15/14)
- Priority for Services Eligibility Determination Worksheet 2014-15 Clickable Version (Updated 8/15/14)
- Priority for Services Training PowerPoint (Posted 02/2013)
- Title I, Part C - SummerThe Migrant Summer Application is part of the MI Electronic Grants Systems Plus (MEGS+).
- Title I, Part C - Regular YearThe Migrant Regular Year Application is part of the Consolidated Application which is available in the MI Electronic Grants System Plus (MEGS+).
- Summer Migrant Program Allocations
- Regular Migrant Program Allocations
- Title I, Part C - Function Codes
- Michigan Migrant Education Database System (MEDS)
- Migrant Student Information Exchange (MSIX)
- Michigan Comprehensive Needs Assessment (CNA)
- Title I, Part C - Migrant Program Self-Assessment Checklist
- MEDS Manual 2010 Update
- Migrant Qualifying Activities
- National Association of State Directors of Migrant Education (NASDME)Scholarship Opportunity