Individualized Education Program (IEP) Development Process
In an effort to build an integrated system to implement requirements and practices that are compliant AND focused on results for students
, the Office of Special Education (OSE) has developed the following awareness documents and training materials for the Individualized Education Program (IEP) Development Process
This information is designed to:
- Assist students, families, and districts in understanding the purpose and content requirements of the IEP process.
- Provide detailed guidance regarding the IEP model form.
- Provide detailed guidance regarding the Notice model form (2).
- Prepare you to implement the process and for use of these model forms.
NOTE: PDF versions of the documents will ensure proper formating when distributing and can be printed out and filled out by hand. Word versions allow districts to use the model form as is and fill in the appropriate information as needed.
- IEP Model Form (July 2010) - This is the model form for all IEP forms.
- Notice Model Form-Initial (July 2010) - This is the model form for the Notice for Initial Provision of Services and Programs.
- Notice Model Form-Reevaluation/Annual Review (August 2010) - This is the model form for the Notice for Provision of Services and Programs. It is the Notice form for a Reevaluation or Annual/Review IEP.
- IEP Amendment Model Form (August 2010) - This is the model form for making minor changes during the year.
Quick Reference Guides
A 10-part series on the state model for IEP and notice. Select the podcast link to view the presentation. Supporting PowerPoints are listed below.