- Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education (MARSE) With Related IDEA Federal Regulations (December 2016)
This document has been updated to meet accessibility standards and to reflect the current Michigan Administrative Rules, which became effective October 8, 2015.
- Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education
- IDEA 2004 Federal Regulations
The final regulations to implement Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (IDEA). The regulations went into effect on October 13, 2006.
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004
- Implementing Regulations for Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Michigan School Code - PA 451 of 1976
- Michigan State School Aid Act - PA 94 of 1979
- Supporting Student Behavior: Standards for the Emergency Use of Seclusion and Restraint (January 2017)
- Surrogate Parents and Special Education Decision-Making Guidance (January 2017)
This guidance document provides information to public agencies, service providers, and parents regarding the implementation of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) requirements pertaining to surrogate parents. Its purpose is to provide guidance to public agencies in selecting and training surrogate parents.
- Michigan Criteria for Determining the Existence of a Specific Learning Disability (October 2010)
- Intermediate School District Plan Criteria for the Delivery of Special Education Programs and Services (September 2008)
- Policy for the Appointment of Surrogate Parents for Special Education Services (September 2008)
- Standards for Extended School Year Services in Michigan
- Updated Process for Clarifications or Modifications of Previously Approved ISD Plans for the Delivery of Special Education Programs and Services (March 2005)